Real Leaders: Canada suspends diplomatic ties with Iran
While Obama sucks his thumb….”Canada has closed its embassy in Iran, effective immediately, and declared personae non gratae all remaining Iranian diplomats in Canada,” Baird said in a statement.
“Canada’s position on the regime in Iran is well known. Canada views the Government of Iran as the most significant threat to global peace and security in the world today.”
Baird’s statement cited Iran’s failure to comply with UN resolutions on its nuclear program and its threats against Israel as the reason for the move, as well as Tehran’s support of Syrian President Bashar Assad’s brutal crackdown in the pro-democratic movement in his country.
Baird cited a list of grievances including:
- Iran refuses to comply with the United Nations resolutions pertaining to its nuclear program
- Increasing military assistance to the regime of Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad
- Iran shelters and “materially supports” terrorist groups
- Routine threats to the existence of the state of Israel
- Repeated violations of the Vienna Convention which governs diplomatic relations between most countries of the world
- “Racist anti-semitic rhetoric and incitement to genocide,” Baird said.
- Worst violators of human rights.